Sunday, March 20, 2011
Both conference's where absolutely fantastic , and definately on my list of events to try and attend again next year !
Thursday, February 17, 2011
I'll be heading along to be involved as well, will post some more details on that shortly as soon as I get a chance !
For more detail on AUS check here http://www.sharepointconference.com.au/AU2011/SolutionPages/AllSpeakers.aspx
Also for NZ http://www.sharepointconference.co.nz/NZ2011/SolutionPages/AllSpeakers.aspx
Definately worth attending if you can.
Friday, January 07, 2011
Also a quick tip, if you a referencing an assembly it's also likely that you don't need another assembly being produced which is created by default by the template. Make sure you click on the project node and select the include assembly in package option to false.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Also it was extra great that a couple of other fellow Aussie SharePoint Community members Jeremy Thake and Chris O'Connor also got awarded at the same time.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
I presented at two sessions and have uploaded the slides for these here:
- Building Workflows for SharePoint 2010 with SharePoint Designer and Visio - http://www.slideshare.net/laneyvb/building-workflows-for-sharepoint-2010-with-sharepoint-designer-and-visio
- Maximise the benefits of a SharePoint platform using metric based governance - http://www.slideshare.net/laneyvb/maximise-the-benefits-of-a-sharepoint-platform-using-metric-based-governance
Jeremy Thake recorded the session and has uploaded it here http://www.sharepointdevwiki.com/display/SPPodCasts/2010/06/22/SPWebCast+020+-+Ask+the+Experts+at+Australian+SharePoint+Conference
Also checkout the other great recorded sessions he has hosted up on sharepointdevwiki
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
On one particular site when running stsadm -o restore I received
"The site collection could not be restored. If this problem persists, please make sure the content databases are available and have sufficient free space"
Based on the error message I did the usual checks and discovered there was no issue with free space.
Then I looked at the site collections listing page which gave me a clue.The site I was trying to restore was already listed there but when I tried to load it the site didn't work. I've seen similar behaviour when a previous restore has stopped part way through.
To resolve I did the following:
- Detach and Reattach each of the content db's , this removed the site collection listing from CA but the error still occurred
- I then ran stsadm -o databaserepair against the database's and it removed a bunch of orphaned records.
After that I was then able to restore the site without issue. So it looks like that error message can mean a previous partial restore of the site exists in the content databases already and needs to be cleared.